Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lots to tell..




Well, first of all I would like to thank the lovely Sandy B from the Scrapchat forum for sending me a huge lot of gorgeous flourishes and fancy borders, I really really appreciate it, even after she knew other people had sent me some, the generous and gorgeous lady sent me even more, how lucky am I!!


On the same day, I also received a package of die cuts done on the craft robo of the lovely Jenni (scrapajar)after I said how much I liked them in the SM forum, I got a few colours of pretty flowers with, you guesed it flourishes on them lol.. and Jenni also cut out some stunning snowflakes out of metallic white paper.. I will use these on a skiiing LO for sure!


It warms my heart that there are so many amazing and giving poeple out there, THANKYOU GUYS!!


Now, I have been busy tonight! I made a card for a pagemaps sketch challenge on scrapchat, I like it!


I have also done 2 LO's for the Scrap Therapy August Cyber Crop. It's only my second one, the first was a baby shower for Leilz on the Sm forum..


The First LO I did was of the Carrington Hotel. The challenge was to scrap a photo of something old (not a person) using mainly papers that have been in your stash for a year or more and to include 3 different types of distressing. I used some historical pics from the website and used Inking, Scrunching & Tearing.


The second LO was for a sketch challenge using a pic at least 10 yrs old and NEW product. I scrapped an old pic of me in Kindy (1984 - I think that qualifies..lol) and some gorgeous MM Noteworthy & 5th avenue stuff for the LO.


So I have been a busy girl tonight, catching up on some scrapping I missed while I was recovering.


On that note, I went to see the surgeon yesterday (and I am SORE today.. I didn't even do much, which worries me about going back to work on Monday) and he said I am doing very well, he expected a LOT more brusing. He said my Endometrioma was only the 5th case in 40 yrs he had seen, and my condition was very rare (I didn't know that before!). He didn't have the pathology test results back yet from the lump he removed, but will call me when they come in, so I hope it's soon...


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Sar said...

Hey Jaimie, Wow wow wow, the layouts you did for the CC and the envelope for your sis are just amazing!!!! I did the blind scrapping challenge on the Scrap Therapy forum last night, it was so much fun! Haven't attempted the challenge you've done yet....but I might tomorrow! So glad you're up and about getting some scrapping done, you must be feeling at least half normal again. Just take it easy, don't overdo it! Cheers, Sar PS. And you've got nothing to worry about with your DT spot for Tanya...your work is absolutely amazing. I'm the one that should be worried about coming after you!

Binxcat1 said...

LOVE the school pic! You are so cute! Hope you are back to 100% soon. Rest up while you can chickie!